Aslamalaikum everyone,

im new heer and im from UK.I thought it ould be interesting to ask...why do you people live in UK? why did your parents.. or just you alone come here? In to this land of fitna fahashi? Do reply because it would be very informing for me to know, as i do care for our pakistani population/ muslims even) everywhere and it would again just be interesting to know.

Basically, my parents came here because they wanted a better future, which they weren't getting access to in Pakistan, due to not only economic reasons, but family relations were bad too. They came here so that we ( my siblings and i) would get educated, civil and make change and make the most of what many pakistani's aren't entitled too ( Roti, kapra aur makan- and education, the oppurtunity to learn!) . That's basically why, so do tell me your stories too... I await your replies.

wasalam

Views: 221

Replies to This Discussion

When you said you are new here,, i thouhgt you are new in UK,, anway but my second thought was different,,, I only came here for higher education and the day when I will inshallah complete my degree, i will go back to Pakistan....
When you said you are new here,, i thouhgt you are new in UK,, anway but my second thought was different,,, I only came here for higher education and the day when I will inshallah complete my degree, i will go back to Pakistan....
AOA,

Sorry about my late entry into this discussion.
Well Amber, the story is more or less same as what made your parents to move here i-e better future, peace, security and bla bla bla.. I came here for my postgrad after doing my engineering from NED. My initial thoughts were to complete my postgrad, gain couple of years work experience and then back to home land.
I went back to pakistan nearly 6 months ago to live and work there but to be honest with you, situation has gone worst than what it was 4 years ago when i came here for the first time. So finally I come back to UK.
Walaikumasalam

Yes i know what you mean too, i find this very sad actually that humare nau jawan go abroad only because our pakistan hasn't got a very bright future to offer them. It's ashame.

I wish pakistan was more prosperous. Magar phir we should stay vese hunnah? other wise we all go abroad then who will develop and help Pakistan? we cant' leave Pakistan to the mercy of theives and other corrupt forces .. so inshAllah may Allah make us so able that we can return home and make a difference! otherwise Pakistan will never progress.

Fee Aman'Allah for now doston
>>humare nau jawan go abroad only because our pakistan hasn't got a very bright future to offer them.

Its not like that everybody leaves Pakistan. In NED, out of a class of 140 students, I would say that only 10-15 go abroad (these days) - others do stay. And many of these see a very rewarding career in Pakistan.

We have many many multinationals in Pakistan like Ericsson, Siemens, Motorola, Nokia, Unilever, Telenor, Abbot, British Oil, BP, Engro Chemicals, Eni Pakistan.....and many others which are able to provide good salaries and career opportunities to the local Engineers (since this community comprises mostly of Engineers).

Atleast not a single person from my class of 140 (NED Electronics Engineering batch graduated in 2007) is unemployed; and the average salary is around Rs. 25-30k which is not considered bad as a starting salary. Usually, graduates of institutions which are lesser reputed and produce Engineers in large quantity (for example Sir Syed University producing 600 Electronic Engineers every year) face problems. But still by and large, there is not that much problem for the more highly qualified people.

In fact in many areas of life, we are doing better than our neighbours like India (refer to the following):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/aug/14/pakistan.india1

RSS

Pre-Paid Legal

Twitter Feed

follow me on Twitter

Sponsored Links

South Asia Investor Review
    Investor Information Blog

Haq's Musings
    Riaz Haq's Current Affairs Blog

Please Bookmark This Page!

Blog Posts

India's Modi Brags About Ordering Transnational Assassinations

In a campaign speech on May 1, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi bragged about his campaign of transnational assassinations of individuals he has labeled "terrorists". “Today, India doesn't send dossiers to the masters of terrorism, but gives them a dose and kills them on their home turf", he is reported to have said, according to a tweet posted by his BJP party. Last…

Continue

Posted by Riaz Haq on May 3, 2024 at 5:09pm — 2 Comments

Pakistanis' Insatiable Appetite For Smartphones

Samsung is seeing strong demand for its locally assembled Galaxy S24 smartphones and tablets in Pakistan, according to Bloomberg. The company said it is struggling to meet demand. Pakistan’s mobile phone industry produced 21 million handsets while its smartphone imports surged over 100% in the last fiscal year, according to …

Continue

Posted by Riaz Haq on April 26, 2024 at 7:09pm

© 2024   Created by Riaz Haq.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service