The Global Social Network
There is a wave of happiness among the most neglected and ignored members in a society, transgender persons after the Sindh government on Wednesday announced a fixed 5 pc quota to employ transgender folk in all government departments.
Sindh Chief Minister’s Adviser on Information Senator Murtaza Wahab confirmed the news in a post on social media.
In a Twitter post, Murtaza Wahab wrote that, “Sindh Cabinet has decided today that a five per cent quota shall be fixed for transgender in all government departments.”
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah said “we wanted to bring transgender people into the mainstream, instructing that papers for government jobs should be readied.”
The transgender community should work on their education as well, CM added.
Earlier this month, the Sindh chief minister had said the government must allocate a reasonable quota for the recruitment of transgender people in all government departments, including the police.
He had directed the chief secretary to prepare a working paper for the cabinet so that jobs could be allocated for transgender people and urged NGOs and other organisations working for the welfare of transgender people to educate them and bring them in government service.
It is to be noted that, Earlier this year, Inspector-General (IG) of the Sindh Police Syed Kaleem Imam had also announced to employ transgender folks in the force.
Kalim Imam said, “We will make them part of Sindh police, adding that, they are good God-gifted people. Citizens like us. We should stand by them.”
It is pertinent to mention here that, the Supreme Court ruled that transgender people could receive national identity cards as a “third sex” and in 2017, the government issued its first passport with a transgender category.
The post Transgender people now to be a part of Sindh govt departments with 5pc quota appeared first on Onlineindus News.
Tags:
Best news of the day.
South Asia Investor Review
Investor Information Blog
Haq's Musings
Riaz Haq's Current Affairs Blog
Prime Minister Narendra Modi appears to be shedding his Hindutva arrogance. He is reaching out to China after President Donald Trump and several top US administration officials have openly and repeatedly targeted India for harsh criticism over the purchase of Russian oil. Top American officials have accused India, particularly the billionaire friends of Mr. Modi, of “profiteering” from the Russian…
ContinuePosted by Riaz Haq on August 24, 2025 at 9:00am — 4 Comments
The Indian government has hired Jason Miller, a former Trump aide, to lobby for India in Washington, DC for a monthly sum of $150,000 per month. Pakistan has retained Keith Schiller, also a former Trump aide, for a monthly compensation of $50,000 to help Pakistan get favorable treatment by the Trump Administration. It shows that India is outspending Pakistan by 3 to 1 on lobbying in Washington, but it does not appear to be paying off for New Delhi. …
ContinuePosted by Riaz Haq on August 13, 2025 at 5:00pm
© 2025 Created by Riaz Haq.
Powered by